Life In Abundance - 2020 Summer Internship
- Jun 8 2020 - Jul 29 2020
- Life In Abundance International
Experience Life In Abundance through our internship program. See firsthand how God is bringing sustainable transformation through his church to some of the most poor and vulnerable people in the world.
As an LIA intern, you will serve in two LIA program countries for a six week experience of both rural and urban African communities, serving God’s kingdom and learning how to love others wholistically.
For more information about Life In Abundance click here.
For a recap video from our 2019 Summer Internship click here.
2020 summer interns will spend time engaging in both Kenya and Ethiopia.
June 8 - June 11 • Pre-Trip Retreat in Louisville, KY (travel expenses NOT included in trip costs)
June 12 - July 4 • Kenya Field Engagement
July 4 - July 25 • Ethiopia Engagement
July 26 - July 29 • Post Trip Retreat in Louisville, KY
July 29 • Interns return home (travel expenses NOT included in trip costs)
MAX TEAM SIZE
APPLICATION PROCESS DETAILS
December 1 • Application deadline
October 21 • Applicant interviews begin
December 6 • Intern team finalized
SUPPORT RAISING DEADLINES
March 15 - $2,500 Due
May 3 - $5,500 Due
May 31 - $7,250 Due (Full Trip Funds)
NOTE: We believe God is the ultimate provider. Because of that, we require participants to support raise in order to attain the funds needed for this internship.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants must be between the ages of 19 and 25 years of age. Open to US residents only. Applicants will be hosted by and serve alongside LIA in-country staff throughout the internship but will not be accompanied by an LIA-US staff member while in country.
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $7,250.00 due 6/3/2020
|Fundraising Deadline #1:||$2,500.00||3/15/2019|
|Fundraising Deadline #2:||$5,500.00||5/3/2019|
|Fundraising Deadline #3 (Full Funds Due):||$7,250.00||6/3/2019|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #1||Zoom Video Call||Dec 8 2019 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EST||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #2||Zoom Video Call||Jan 5 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EST||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #3||Zoom Video Call||Jan 26 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EST||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #4||Zoom Video Call||Feb 16 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EST||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #5||Zoom Video Call||Mar 8 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #6||Zoom Video Call||Mar 29 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #7||Zoom Video Call||Apr 19 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Meeting #8||Zoom Video Call||May 17 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Final Meeting||Zoom Video Call||May 31 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Pre-Trip Retreat (Louisville, KY)||Space for team members to spend together alongside of LIA-US staff to prepare for the trip ahead. Retreat takes place in Louisville, KY.||Jun 8 2020 12:00 AM - Jun 11 2020 12:00 AM EDT||Yes|
|Post-Trip Retreat (Louisville, KY)||Quiet and intentional space to adjust to being home and to debrief with LIA-US staff.||Jul 26 2020 12:00 AM - Jul 29 2020 12:00 AM EDT||Yes|
|Post-Trip Check-In #1||Zoom Video Call||Aug 9 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Post-Trip Check-In #2||Zoom Video Call||Aug 30 2020 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT||Yes|
- Sign the LIA Internship Covenant and return by email, fax or mail (to be provided upon acceptance).
- Complete the LIA Participant packet and return by email, fax or mail (to be provided upon acceptance).
- Valid United States Passport (not required for application submission).
- Background check completed by your home church and/or LIA.
- Complete a TBD personality test prior to the Pre-Trip Retreat (to be provided upon acceptance).
- Participate and meet all support raising deadlines as detailed in the trip description.
- Participation in scheduled pre-trip video team meetings (to occur every 1-3 weeks) as well as pre-trip and post-trip retreats.
- Intern is responsible for ALL travel costs to and from Louisville, KY for pre-trip and post-trip retreats.
- Intern is responsible for ALL passport application, visa application & vaccination/medical expenses.
- You must between the ages of 19 - 25 years old.
- U.S. Residents only