LIA Summer Internship 2019
- Jun 10 2019 - Jul 30 2019
- Life In Abundance International
BOOTS ON THE GROUND
The LIA Summer Internship is a culturally immersive missions experience created to equip and empower young adults to explore the intricacies of sustainable community transformation in both rural and urban contexts. At LIA, we long to raise up the next generation of Christian leaders by mobilizing young adults into the mission field and equipping them to serve local communities using our “wholistic” model. Our transformational development model serves alongside local churches within each community to target four main areas of need:
- Economic Empowerment
- Community Health
- Social Engagement
The LIA Summer Internship provides an opportunity to participate within the various programs and projects implemented within specific communities we currently serve. Our hope is to give our interns the same heart for church-centered community transformation as God has given us!
JUNE 10, 2019 - JULY 30, 2019
Interns arrive in Louisville, KY (travel expenses not included in trip costs)
June 11 / 12
Intern team retreat with LIA-US staff members
June 13 / 14
Interns travel to Kenya
June 15 - July 5
LIA Summer Internship - Kenya
Interns Transition / Travel to Ethiopia
July 7 - July 27
LIA Summer Internship - Ethiopia
July 27 / 28
Interns return to Louisville, KY
Trip Debrief with LIA-US Staff members
Interns depart for home (travel expenses not included in trip costs)
TRIP / FUNDRAISING DEADLINES
January 25 - Application deadline
February 1 - Final Team Approved
March 15 - $2,000 Due
May 3 - $4,500 Due
May 31 - Full Trip Funds Due
Must be between the ages of 19 and 25 years of age. Willingness to be adaptable and serve where needed. Participants that apply for this internship are responsible to raise all trip funds. Individual financial goals will be set once approval process is complete. Open to US residents only.
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $6,750.00 due 5/31/2019
|Fundraising Deadline #1:||$2,000.00||3/15/2019|
|Fundraising Deadline #2:||$4,500.00||5/3/2019|
|Full Funds Deadline||$6,750.00||5/31/2019|
|Pre-Trip Team Retreat (Mandatory)||A time for team members to become acquainted with each other and to become knowledgable of trip information & expectations.||Louisville, KY||Jun 10 2019 12:00 AM - Jun 13 2019 12:00 AM EDT||Yes|
|Post-Trip Team Debrief (Mandatory)||A full trip debrief and team getaway.||Louisville, KY||Jul 28 2019 12:00 AM - Jul 30 2019 12:00 AM EDT||Yes|
- Sign the LIA Internship Covenant and return by email, fax or mail (to be provided upon acceptance).
- Complete the LIA Participant packet and return by email, fax or mail (to be provided upon acceptance).
- Valid United States Passport.
- Background check completed by your home church.
- Complete a TBD personality test prior to the Pre-Trip Retreat (to be provided upon acceptance).
- Meet all fundraising deadlines as detailed in the trip description. Final funds must be submitted by May 31, 2019.
- Intern is responsible for any travel costs to and from Louisville (pre and post trip).
- Intern is responsible for all Passport, Visa application & vaccination/medical expenses.
- You must between the ages of 19 - 25 years old.
- U.S. Residents only